One, two, three and to the four
Add whatever nuts you want, mix it up galore!
Technically only three of the delights featured in this salty crunchy snack are nuts that come from trees. Nonetheless, I still feel comfortable in perpetuating the misnomer “mixed nuts” in reference to this snack entity as a whole.
While mixed nuts are widely accessible in their final roasted form, the freedom of choosing the exact nuts desired and controlling the amount of salt and other seasonings present is highly attractive.
I have yet, for example, to come across a mixture of nuts that feature more than two pecans per 100 peanuts, or that bother to include hazelnuts at all.
This recipe is completely flexible and hopefully acts as inspiration to unleash your inner lunatic. Whether choosing straight up tree nuts or mixing it up with seeds and legumes, I encourage you all to “go nuts”! #sorrynotsorry
It’s like that and like this and like that and uh
It’s like this, and you will go nuts over those!
So just chill and get in snack time mode.
Roasted Mixed Nuts
½ Cup Raw Pecans
½ Cup Raw Hazelnuts
½ Cup Raw Cashews
1 Cup Raw Peanuts
1 Cup Raw Pepitas
1-2 Tbs. Coconut Oil
2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
Full disclosure, as pictured I roasted these nuts all together on one sheet pan. While it turned out delicious, I would recommend roasting the peanuts separately and adjusting the time so that the other mixed nuts roast about 5 minutes less than the peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Place the nuts and pepitas on a sheet pan
- Melt the coconut oil about 10 seconds so it is liquid, then toss with the nut mixture along with the salt and pepper
- Roast about 10-15 minutes before removing the pan from the oven and using a spatula to move the nuts around before placing back in the oven
- At this point, check and shift the mixture every 5 minutes until the nuts are golden and the desired texture is achieved
- Total time will be around 20 – 25 minutes
- Allow to cool on the pan and store in a glass jar for future snacking!