Roasting remains my go-to method of preparation for fresh vegetables in all their forms.
Emerging from the oven highlighted with a golden bloom, vegetables – broccoli, Brussel sprouts, zucchini, the list goes on – remain healthy while adopting a previously elusive level of comfort and satisfaction.
I find it difficult to resist the addition of freshly shredded cheese, whether that be a sharp white cheddar, a buttery Havarti (#havartiparty), or the classic nuttiness of parmesan.
Cheese will not be missed with this approach to flavor. Depth added through curry powder provides plenty of nuances to keep this dish vegan and amazing.
Curry Roasted Vegetables
1 Sweet Potato
3 Yellow Squash
¼ Large Red Onion, Diced
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Can, 15 oz., Garbanzo Beans, Drained & Rinsed
Curry Powder (I used Hot Madras Curry Powder)
Pink Himalayan Salt
Red pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 385°F
- Wash the sweet potato and dice into small cubes, about ½ an inch
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle on a couple tbs. of olive oil
- Season* with curry powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and parsley – I suggest seasoning based on the preference of spice level; however, these measurements are offered as a guideline: ½ Tbs. Curry Powder, 1 Tsp. Paprika, 1 Tsp. Salt, ½ Tsp. Black Pepper, 2 Tsp. Dried Parsley, 1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Roast in the oven 12 – 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender, making sure to use a spatula to move the sweet potatoes around at the halfway point
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash into quarters length-wise, then cut into chunks about ½ – ¾ of an inch thick
- Toss with the diced onion and minced garlic on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil
- Repeat the seasoning steps* from above, using the same measurement guidelines
- Roast about 15 minutes, until the edges tinged with golden brown goodness and the veggies themselves are fork tender
- I suggest roasting the sweet potatoes and the squash in the oven at different times because the vegetables release excess moisture
- In a large bowl, combine the slightly cooled roasted vegetables together – be sure to collect all the roasting juicing in the bowl! – and toss in the rinsed garbanzo beans
- Check the seasoning level and add additional salt, pepper, and red pepper as needed
Consume immediately or store in the fridge for future enjoyment! I toted this dish to work and served it at room temperature as a delicious vegan addition to a department potluck. Although, one bowl didn’t make it quite that far. 😉
I toted this dish to work and served it at room temperature as a delicious vegan addition to a department potluck. Although, one bowl didn’t make it quite that far. 😉