Caramel Apple Muffins
Once tasted, these muffins speak for themselves.
Not literally, that would be unsettling.
They taste really good so make them and judge for yourself!
3 Gala Apples – Any type of apple will do, though NOT RED DELICIOUS (unless that really is your favorite apple and you really want to use it)
1 Tbs. Vanilla Sugar – Regular will also work
¾ Cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Stick Butter, Room Temperature
¾ Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
2 Eggs, Room Temperature
1 Cup Caramel Bits
1 Tsp. Ground Ginger, divided in half
1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon, divided in half
Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two muffin tins with baking papers
- Chop the apples into thin chunks – I used an apple corer slicer thingy, then used a sharp knife to make smaller pieces from those wedges, and yes… I left the peel on because I like it, but follow your heart!
- Place the apples on a sheet pan and sprinkle with 1 Tbs. vanilla sugar, ½ Tsp. Cinnamon, and ½ Tsp. Ginger
- Use your hands to mix so the seasoning evenly coats the apples
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, ½ Tsp. ground ginger and ½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cream together butter, Greek yogurt, and ¾ cup sugar in a bowl with an electric or stand mixer
- Add the eggs one at a time
- With the mixer on low, gently sweep the dry ingredients into the wet til just combined, being mindful not to overmix
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the roasted apples into the batter followed by the caramel bits
- I also folded about ½ cup of chopped pecans into half of the batter
- Scoop into the muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes til a toothpick comes out clean
Remove the golden-topped muffins and delight in the bubbling caramel. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying with a cup of tea or mug of milk or glass of Bloody Mary. Because why not?